Whether you blog, sell products online, or have a general website; you can always use more views for your website. That’s where StumbleUpon comes in handy. What’s StumbleUpon you ask? StumbleUpon or Stumble for short is a discovery search engine. The way it works is you sign up for a profile and select some categories that interests you. From there, you can use the web version, browser plugins or apps to Stumble or search websites that match the interests you selected. I know what you’re thinking, “how will this help me get more pageviews on my site?” I’m happy that you asked. Every site that you visit you can thumb up or thumb down. For the sites you thumb up, you are given more sites that are related to that site that other people have liked. Any site that you thumb up that had not been liked before, will be discovered. Discovery is where the magic happens.
Discovering Your Site
- First you want to sign up for Stumble by going to stumbleupon.com and downloading the add-ons for Chrome or Firefox. You may also want to get the app for iOS or Android. My personal favorite way to use Stumble is the Firefox plugin. In my opinion, it is the cleanest and best integrated.
- Next, you want to pick the categories that interest you and start “thumbing up” the pages you like.
- This is where it all comes together. For every page that you would like to get more page views, click the thumbs up.
- If your page has never been thumbed up, you will get a dialog box saying you have discovered a new page. In this box you can click if it is safe for work, add a description and most importantly, add a category and tags.
- You can share your link with fellow Stumblers and have them like it too.
- The more people that like your page, the more traffic that will stumble through.
So there you have it. Be warned that Stumbling is like eating Lay’s, once you start you won’t want to stop. If you are a Stumbler already, make sure you give us a thumbs up (shameless plug) 🙂 If you have any questions regarding StumbleUpon, leave a comment and I will answer your question as best I can. If you need a Stumble buddy, feel free to add me @Reshido!